Years of Experience
Cerebrate Business Solutions (Pty) Ltd is a business support company that provides business consulting and coaching services to business start-ups, expansion, mergers, BBBEE share equity acquisitions and company sales/buyouts.
We facilitate businesses access to funding to purchase businesses/franchises, capital assets and working capital. We offer Business Planning services, Marketing Plans, Feasibility Studies, Process Efficiency Investigations, Due Diligence Investigations & Business Valuations.
Responsible for the day to day management of the core functional areas of the business:
- Financial Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Project & Site Management
- Human Resources
- Risk (OH&SA; PER)- Procurement
- Business Plans
- Marketing Plans
- Feasibility Studies
- Due Diligence
- Business Valuations
Business Mentoring & Coaching
- Greater self-awareness and mindset
- Increased individual performance, productivity, and confidence
- Clarity on what success looks like and the steps needed to achieve
- Development of critical soft skills and decision making
- Accountability and growth
- Personal & Business Development Plans
- Assessing current key drivers that generates revenue
- Assessing current systems, performance drivers and measuring tools
- Maximising key drivers
- Process Efficiency Investigations
- GAP Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a Business Consultant do?
There are several reasons business owners should consider hiring consultants. Consultants offer a wide range of services, including the following:
- Providing expertise in specific markets
- Identifying problems within a business – develop and implement turnaround strategies
- Supplementing existing staff, provide ad hoc specialist services
- Initiating change
- Providing objectivity
- Teaching and training employees, processes, company culture
- Doing the “dirty work,” like eliminating staff
- Reviving an organization
- Creating a new business
- Influencing other people, such as client/supplier networks
- Facilitating access to finance
- Due diligence investigations (business sales, buyouts, mergers, equity purchases, BBBEE acquisitions etc.)
- Business valuations
- Feasibility Studies
- Market Research
- Marketing Plans and developing marketing strategies
- Business Plans
How to find a business consultant?
Finding the right business consultant may be the most difficult part for the owner or management. The consultant should have a passion for their work, a drive for excellence and an eye for organization and detail. It’s important to find a consultant who has expertise in your industry or experience with the kinds of problems your business faces. Also, make sure they have solid referrals.
In addition, ensure the business consultant has any necessary certifications that are relevant to your industry. You should vet the consultant through their website and materials. Look for professional images and well-documented information about their services. It’s a good idea to request examples of past successes and to speak to those businesses.
What is the typical background for a consultant?
The right background for the consultant you choose depends on your industry and needs. The Statistics note that consultants can be management (business), scientific or technical. If you want someone to help your company develop new proprietary software or computer-based workflow, you may want to engage a technical consultant. But outside of specific needs, companies usually work with management consultants when they want to improve their bottom line, customer satisfaction or employee morale.
Regardless of the type of consultant you work with, their background is critical. It helps you understand how likely they are to improve your business. Here’s what to consider when reviewing potential consultants:
- Do they have hands-on experience? This can be especially important in the business world. If someone came directly out of college labeling themselves as a consultant, do they really know anything more than you do? Consider looking for consultants who have successfully owned or run small businesses, enterprise organizations or specific departments.
- Is their experience applicable? A former bank executive may seem impressive, but do they have the knowledge and experience to turn your cupcake bakery into a profitable small business? They might, but if you’re also considering a former restaurant owner who now makes a living successfully helping small eateries grow, this consultant may be a better match for your business. Look for consultants who have worked in your industry and with businesses that match yours in style, size, needs and goals.
- What’s their track record with consulting? You don’t just want a consultant who has the right experience; you want a consultant who has demonstrated success with companies like yours. Ask for a portfolio or list of brands the consultant has worked for, and request references. Look for a consultant who has helped businesses overcome the types of challenges you’re facing or who has grown businesses very similar to yours, and reach out to those companies to find out if they were satisfied with the services.
How much do business consultants charge?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, management consultants make an average of R800, 000 per year (or R1, 500 per hour). But that’s what the person “takes home” as income, and consulting charges are typically higher to cover business expenses. Consultants don’t always charge by the hour. According to a consultant fee study from Consulting Success, here are some popular fee methods and the percentages of consultants who favor them:
- Per project – 34.2%
- Hourly – 27.3%
- Monthly retainer – 15.1%
- Daily rate – 14.1%
- Other – 9.3%
According to the study, 43% of consultants earn up to R35, 000 per project, though some make more than R400, 000 per project. Obviously, the size, scope and length of the project determine the cost.
Business consultants are an expense, but their feedback and planning can help increase business and boost profits while eliminating problems and identifying opportunities to ensure future success.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.